Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Holiday Swap with Jeannette


So what do you all think? This is the rough draft of my card that I am making 10 of. I used the Season of Friendship and Thankful Thoughts stamp sets from SU! I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Certainly Celery for the leaves. The pumpkins were done in Pumpkin Pie. I sponged the sky and grass. This was my first time using the sponging technique-and I loved IT! The sky has 4 colors-not quite navy, night of navy, brillant blue, bashful blue. The moon/sun is done in so saffron sponging. I had made a post it note 1 inch mask and then after sponging the sky I used my sponge to color the sun/moon with so saffron. The grass is done the same way as the sky with certainly celery and always artichoke for some deeper levels of color.

I am going to pop the pumpkins and some of the leaves. I am thinking of ditching the night of navy color in the sky it is to the right of the tree.

I got the sky idea from the http://www.stampinspringer.blogspot.com/ card. It was so awesome with the snow effects etc. Since I am making this card on the plane, I could not emboss it so I altered it.

Thanks for looking. I will take a finally picture next week and post it after I get back from Seattle.
Posted by Picasa